View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 03:32 PM
PRS Guitars
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: A320 CA

OP,

It won’t be a problem. I had a disorderly conduct misdemeanor when I was 20. I was also charged with resisting arrest, the resisting arrest was dropped and I took a plea bargain on the disorderly conduct. I was arrested at a college party. Did community service at my college library, and they liked me so much, they offered me a job. I joined the AF 9 years after the incident.

Be prepared to talk about what you learned, and you need to own this 100%, there is no room for quibbling. It actually can make a good interview discussion, and personally, I think it builds some character, it shows that you can pick yourself up and move on, rather than just crumple. They are hiring you to kill people (possibly), not be a choir boy.

The officer that interviewed me had a good laugh with me about my story. Years later in an interview for a very high security clearance, this happened again. But I freaking owned my mistake and ok the full blame. In reality, I really wasn’t guilty of what I was charged with but I have never said that in an interview.

Feel free to PM me.

PS, be very careful with your recruiter, some of them will lie to you. I had 1 great recruiter and one not so good.