View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 06:48 AM
dodsqubam
Movin’ on up

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by PotatoChip View Post
That’s a reasonable assumption, but you’d be wrong. I’ve seen BAD management and lies and deception. Endeavor isn’t it. Yeah, it sucks we aren’t continuing to grow, but that’s on Delta. I’m genuinely happy to be here, and wish I would have come here sooner. True, I have usual gripes (reserve, not flying, layover locations), but all in all, we are still in a pretty decent spot. To those considering 9E, I’d tell them to consider other regionals, but not to discount us, because we only have what appears to be a short term problem.

I’ve been furloughed and have seen airlines I’ve worked for disappear. I don’t tie any personal value to growth of this company. Nor do I think we are any more special than Comair was.
Instead, I’m tired of pilots with zero managerial experience, let alone top level executive experience of multi-million (hundreds of millions) dollar contracts pontificate about how things should be done. None of us like it when management (VPs, DOs, HR) presume to tell us how to fly; same thing applies. I may not be happy with a decision, or lack thereof at their level, but I won’t presume to understand all of it.
I don’t think I presumed to know it all, hence my statement “I don’t know why...” How did that come off as me trying to know better than airline executives?