View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 07:14 AM
Macjet
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Airplanes

Originally Posted by Super27 View Post
I had done 121 before Airshare, and hated it. Living in airline terminals is miserable, working around people who aren't happy and don't really care about their jobs (a lot of FAs and airport staff) is annoying, staying in La Quinta type hotels gets really old, and I also have zero patience for the whole union thing. Bottom line is 121 just wasn't for me - others will have a completely different opinion.

What I really enjoyed about Airshare versus 121 is that your on the road quality of life at Airshare is about as good as you will find anywhere, short of some cushy 91 gig. You get rental cars on pretty much every layover, you get to choose your hotels (obviously within reason, but the lowest tier you'll ever see is Hampton/Courtyard and a very occasional Holiday Inn Express if that's the only thing in town), they give you a pretty good allowance for meals, and it's all on a company card so you don't have to worry about budgeting your per diem. They don't typically do crew meals, but they absolutely will if your schedule makes it necessary. Bottom line, while you're at work, you're pretty well taken care of, and that was very important to me.
You're lumping regional airline 'fee for departure' flying in with major airline flying. The two are worlds apart and can't even remotely be compared to each other.