Old 12-23-2018, 06:58 PM
TFAYD
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by FlyRight2876 View Post
Now that he is the new CEO of Expressjet some of you have been commenting on his relationship with the pilots of Commutair. Can anyone further elaborate on this guys relationship with his subordinates? Sounds like he doesn't like pilots too much?

"Subodh frequently, when talking to new hire classes at C5, has said that he hates pilots, criticized them for not doing well enough to give him a bigger bonus, isn't interested in making any QOL improvements and said that of they dont like it they can leave. Good luck."

"I didnt hear that specific thing but at a new hire dinner at C5 he was proud of his time running Delta Connection during the whole Comair debacle. He also ran 2 Indian airlines into the ground."

"Yes, there are several on here that heard it. He was talking specifically about his on time performance bonus being more than a pilot makes in a year."

"I heard him say many things. He even dropped the F bomb a few times to new hire classes. During his presentation about growth he said, "If we can't hire, F it. We'll go out of business." Another infamous quote of his was about our ability to retain pilots. He said, "I like to think of C5 like a college. People come in, get their education, and leave." The problem is he treated pilots as C5 like they were students as ITT Tech, not Harvard.

Good luck to you guys."

With the moral at Expressjet being as bad as it is on top of a really bad pilot shortage here I don't think his tenure is going to go well at all. Seems he already has a sorted past with other airlines as well.... I can't believe United Airlines would pick someone like this to be the leader of one of their feeder airlines. Oscar's good will and relationship with the mainline employees seems to be paying off. Why not extend those successes?

I seriously doubt that he said those things - at least not in public with rank and file employees around and for sure not at a new hire pep talk.

He may think along those lines but absolutely nobody - regardless how incompetent - has that little situational awareness to go on the record in such a way.