Thread: Mesa Training
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 09:13 AM
No Land 3
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by flydrive View Post
The DME arc approaches in Mexico don't have the IAFs labeled. How are you going to verify those?

Also, some of the taxi diagrams barely resemble what they are charting; see IAH west ramp.
Taxi charts need to be accurate, no excuse for that. As far as the approaches into Mexico, when I was on the CRJ, with Jepp plates, I had to guesstimate as to what I selected in the box, if I remembered correctly, it was a game of matching fixes from enroute to terminal.
This is not to say that Jepp's aren't without issues. My current company removed paper charts from the airplanes which were very helpful in determining the next call ahead frequencies for the FIR boundaries. The Jepp iPad app simply gives you a list of frequencies, sometimes totaling over 10 different ones. It's annoying because they aren't organized to the area you are flying into like the paper charts were. It feels dumb to have to always ask for the next sectors frequency on the radio so you can get permission to enter their airspace.