View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 07:27 AM
PontiusPilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017
Position: Reverse Cowgirl

Originally Posted by watch View Post
This is still listed on the airline profile page. Is this still true? There are no captains at XJT who were hired after 9/2011?

I'm trying to decide between XJT and C5 as well. My main criteria in deciding is:

1) How quickly can I get through training and start flying.
2) Which airline can I log the most flight time?
3) Which airline will allow me to begin logging PIC time soonest?

Money not a factor. Want EWR domicile. Just need flight time, and if I get "stuck" , PIC time is better consolation than a few thousand more $ per year.
Training is about 2-3 months. Anyone starting now will be flying by the end of the Spring. EWR is an easy base to get as a new hire, and anyone hired now can expect to fly a lot on reserve.

At this moment, that most junior upgrade is accurate. However, keep in mind that over the past year, ExpressJet has been dealing with high attrition, low recruitment, and the reduction and elimination of the Delta and American flying. There weren’t many opportunities for upgrade as a result.

Now under United controlled ownership and in growth mode, the upgrade will be reduced significantly. The CRJs are still coming online in ORD, the E175 fleet coming this year, and the intent to fly nearly 30 more 145s (up to 126) will create a lot of movement. In addition, nearly 20 people per month have been leaving for United. There are not that many pilots on the seniority list from 2011-present, so when things start moving this year, it’ll happen quickly.

Another thing to mention... just a couple of days ago, ExpressJet paid the FAA to reserve 60 new “UX” tail numbers, so it looks like they expect to eventually receive far more than 25 E175’s.