Thread: Omni Air
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 01:58 PM
hubbs
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Originally Posted by saxman66 View Post
I was under the impression we were always gone for the whole 16-18 days no matter what. I guess that is not always the case? Home reserve sounds good to me. I know to not always expect that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The bid lines are published with a combination of any known flying and sequences of reserve. On the 777 currently there is relatively little known flying, that may change if freighters show up. There is a fairly even split between lines that have all 18 days in a block and those that are broken into 2 or 3 blocks. The CBA requires 2 blocks of 4 days off, which can be satisfied by one block of 8.

There are two types of reserve: short call (2 hour call out, reducible to 1 hour if the company is providing a hotel and transportation, 15 minutes to respond); and long call (12 hour call out, 2 hours to respond).

If a sequence does not start with a known trip it will be made up of reserve days, typically the first day will be short call and the subsequent will be long call. You will be home until you are assigned something, that said you might have something assigned to you a couple days out starting on your first day of availability and you see none of the reserve days at home.

Realistically, the best way to think about it is days that you owe them and days off. If you get to spend a reserve day at home unused, then great, but plan on working 16-18 days a month.