View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 11:53 PM
pilotlyfe
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2017
Default Horizon Questions

Thank you in advance to those who respond and help answer my questions. I’ve looked through the forums and I can find answers to some of my questions but they are either too vague or a little on the older side so I thought it would just be easier to make a new thread.

-First, although I currently have the 1500 hours and the rest of the experience reqs, my current flying job has me locked in to a training contract until July. If I apply, interview, and get offered the job, could I defer my class date until around late July or early August?

-I see you can either apply to Horizon either through Airline Apps or the Alaska/Horizon website. Does applying through one or the other signal a quicker response from HR? Do they have a preferred method of where you apply? Currently, what is the average time to hear from Horizon after applying?

-I saw a few answers to this question from a few months ago but was wondering for today’s purpose, if one were offered an interview, what would be the earliest date that person could interview?

-Also, what are the current class dates being offered for the 175? I’m not interested in the Q. And for those who might criticize my interest only in the jet, it’s not because I’m against flying turboprops. I actually like flying them. Its just that flying the Metro for awhile now has given me a bad aftertaste.

Once again, thank you in advance for answering my questions.