Gets Weekends Off
Airhoss
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Apr 2008
  • Position
    Sleeping in the black swan’s nest.
Quote: Can anyone enlighten the group to exactly what the "problem children" are doing wrong - maybe help out those that are about to start training? Is it attitude? Stick and rudder skills? Poor CRM?
When I was teaching on the 756 the number one thing that new hires had trouble with was the FMS. That is hugely United’s fault because they don’t have a good program to teach the FMS from a zero knowledge basis. On the 756 fleet they expect you to know the basics of the FMS when you show up. The 756 was a horrible new hire fleet.

TK used to have several FMS trainers. There were several FMS set up in a room with simple to follow instructions and you could play with them all you wanted. AFAIK they are gone and replaced with computer based training.

I had several single seat mil guys come through who hadn’t the slightest clue how to run a read and response checklist. Every once in a while poor stick and rudder skills rear their ugly head.

As mentioned previously if you know your flows, profiles and call outs everything else tends to fall into place. Attitude, if you’ve got a good one, the people in the training center will bend over backwards and go the extra mile to help you out. If you’ve got a bad attitude you’ll find the FTC to be a very difficult place.

I never had a new hire with a bad attitude but I heard some stories.