View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 11:38 AM
V1 McFlyerson
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by PotatoChip View Post
Never heard of/considered a HELOC.
I’ve been a pretty crummy position the last two years and am finally barely crawling out. Left a good paying job with a horrible schedule and no future for a “direct entry captain” job at a regional that turned out to be too good to be true. Ended up sitting for over nine months in training waiting while being paid $1,900/month. Blew all our savings, then got downgraded as soon as consolidation was done due to FO attrition. Went to another regional, sat for six months waiting on sims, making $2,500/month. Sold my truck. Sold furniture. Drove Lyft for six months. Kept the house at 65 degrees in the winter, wife hated me.
I’ve been through it. I’d love the opportunity to interview at F9 and really do think it might be a great fit for my family, just saying that first year is going to be ROUGH on us, and I’ve put my wife through a lot, including no Christmas presents this year, and we haven’t been out to eat together in over a year.
Ugh, that's tough. Been there myself with the wife and the finances. At no time was I ever glad that I had used debt. Hopefully the fam can see the light at the end of the tunnel if you score a job here. At 57.64 an hour and the ability to pick up opentime/bid aggressive reserve, you might be surprised how much you can credit in the junior base. It obviously wouldn't suck to be at 210 an hour in 2.whatever years.

Hang in there!