Thread: United CPP
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 09:38 AM
Otters
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012

Originally Posted by STXDrew View Post
I would spend your time in other areas. For starters don’t leave JetBlue to chase the CPP. Spend your time volunteering for an organization. Get involved in JetBlues pilot recruiting. Do ALPA ASAP safety work. Help out your fellow JetBlue pilots any way you can; via ERC/pro stands or even the training department. United loves pilots who give back to their fellow community/peers. It show mindful commitment and mentoring.

Publish all of this service type stuff on your app and resume. This may sound repetitive but I think United is looking for the “total package” not just professional skill sets. I had a similar background as you did via spirit and all that soft stuff helped crack United for me and I had zero recs. Just my 2˘

Good luck!

This is spot on. Outside of flight times for say

-Captain, (take the first one)
-LCA/instructor work(apply apply apply)
-management and or union jobs.

Fill in those addendum/appendix boxes with everything possible from volunteering to foster child. Think outside the box, awards work in and out of aviation. UAL has to read these boxes, not a computer. Do not leave jet blue. Upgrade yesterday if u can. Always trying to progress upward.

I work with some people on a union committee and these two young guys punched tickets on everything imaginable from management work at regionals to union work at regionals