View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 03:11 PM
Globemaster2827
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
I have no plans of moving to Memphis but would certainly like to visit. We might have an opportunity this year if the doctor says it's ok to finally head down to Texas for a late season.

Are the tourist areas bad? Where are these killings and violence? Have visitors been killed? Please don't say I can't go to Graceland!

And I recall an open invitation to the AOC. Is it still true? Surely it's safe there?
The killings and violence are downtown like in most major cities. I'd say if you're inside of 240 you'd better have your spidey senses going.

My family will be located out in the suburbs like they'd be no matter where we moved. I'll have to drive in to work like I'd have to do in order to work at FedEx anyway. Growing up in Dallas this isn't really a unique situation to me...

Personally, I drive a beat up car with dents in it and I'll probably keep it for nothing other than a decoy. Nobody wants to jack a 2004 Toyota Camry with dents in it AND it's a Manual Transmission.... Ultimately there is crime but there are common sense ways to avoid it like anywhere else. If you want to drive your new Benz that you just bought to your Crashpad downtown you probably aren't going to fair much better commuting than you would've moving.