View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 03:31 PM
FrankTheTank
Fill'er Up Again

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Scarebus Captain

Originally Posted by Globemaster2827 View Post
We fell in love with Arlington. We're trying to get out of our house so we can get the company paid move. Then we're gonna move into a rental house so we can get a new build going. There's a ton of mom and pop shops and all of major things you need. If you want the bigger things it's close enough to Germantown and Memphis to go do that.

It's 10 minutes further away than Collierville but not as built up. You can sit Reserve at home no problem. Everything is growing so my guess is that in 10 years the schools will be as good as Collierville. My daughter is 3 and we're tying to have more so the plan works. Pay less in Arlington than Collierville now and hopefully it grows into a new Collierville.

I don't even live in Arlington yet but it's so nice I wish I did!
We lived in Bartlett for 2 years (actually same neighborhood as Tony C) and my wife thought it was too busy and crowded. Cordova North is what she called it. We were used to Base housings. So looked all around and it was between Atoka and Arlington. Moved to Arlington cause the commute for reserve was easier and Tipton County schools still sucked back then. Been out here since 2006 before we had ANY stop lights in town. It’s grown a lot but the core of being a small town is still here. My daughter did 1st grade to graduation and is now kicking butt as a college Freshman and my son Kindergarden to 9th grade now and not a single complaint. I have known all his principles on a first name basis and the Mayor is bud of mine, that I have known nearly 15 years. How time flys!