View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 08:20 PM
Adlerdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Originally Posted by propilot View Post
I used to commute. Land around 2300ish, hang out in AOC hopefully get a room, show for my flight and takeoff around 4am, If all went as planned I could be walking into my home around 7 looking and acting like a zombie, and completely useless for most of the day.
Long time commuter in two FedEx domiciles. For the new folks who many not have developed ingrained habits yet.... sometimes there are other options than killing yourself to get home.
I realize not everyone's home city has access to multiple FedEx flights or a large variety of one-leg off-line jumpseats. But, if yours does, consider moderating your return commute if you can. If you don't have to take the AM jumpseat home and have the option to use a sleep room, crashpad or local hotel for a relatively normal sleep cycle and delay your arrival home by ~12-ish hours, give it a try sometime. You and your family might be amazed at the difference that first move toward normal circadian rhythm can make as you re-acclimate into your home schedule. Your older self will thank you too.