Old 02-01-2019, 09:26 AM
Varsity
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017
Position: 175 CA

Originally Posted by KckTrsLtFrs View Post
Got it. Thanks. Pay between all three are within 2-3 dollars so I’m not too concerned with that. And the bonuses are pointless to me also because I’ll save it to payback the regional after leaving early because of ATP/CTP contract. (fingers crossed).

I might be looking at this the wrong way, but because I’m going to be commuting, I was thinking keep the commute as short as possible and go with nonstops if able. Out of KVPS, PSA is only nonstop to CLT or DCA, but I’m not sure if I could get either of those anyway as a jr FO.

All ExpressJet bases suck for KVPS and KPNS. All layover and about 5-7 hours.

I don’t want to get stuck on reserves forever but Envoy has DFW and MIA which I can get nonstop flights for out of KVPS or KPNS. But again, I’m not sure ajr FO has a chance at those. Or if MIA is a money pit in hotel/pad costs! Envoy offers 4 company paid hotels per month so if that means whole reserve time paid for in MIA then maybe?

I’m starting to wonder if it’s gonna suck for 6-8 months no matter where I go until I can get to major. Hoping for cargo ultimately.
You aren't going to get MIA at Envoy (it's small and senior), and probably not DFW. Most likely ORD/LGA. You'll be on reserve for up to a year. You won't even hold reserve at MIA for 10+ months, maybe more than a year.

The pay rates might be close, but the amount you credit won't be. You'll sit on reserve at envoy (worst rules in the industry right now) disallowing you from picking up open time, unless you spend the entire month living in base (not living in Florida).