Thread: Xojet
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 12:02 PM
chase
XOJET Citation X

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: DO, Baker Aviation, Citation X

Friday 18 Jan - Applied on XOJET website

Sunday 20 Jan - Received email notifying me I was selected to "start the initial interview process". I replied same day with availability to do phone interview. Helpful background on the company, benefits and other details were provided at that time.

Monday 21 Jan - nailed down phone interview date

Friday 25 Jan - 1+15 phone interview, very enjoyable discussion with XO interview team leader.

Monday 28 Jan - Email telling me I was being placed "in a pool of candidates to be interviewed" in SMF HHQs. Also attached was the PRIA, DOT, SWA training record requests that I completed and then emailed back within a few hours of opening the email.

Waiting to receive all of those packets of information (probably this week or next) and would hope to get an invitation to SMF before Feb is over with but no promises.

TT 17,000 +
121 - 13,000+
Mil 3000+
No type in Challenger or the X

Very impressed with what I've heard so far from ex-XO and current XO pilots. Understand the 135 vs 121 world is apples and oranges. Hoping for the chance to join their group and learn what that world is all about and contribute where I can. Again thanks to those on here who have offered guidance and counsel.

As an aside, before the days of APC, in the late 90's when I was getting on at SWA, I visited the old Compuserve forums and then Flightinfo.com at its infancy and did exactly the same thing I'm doing now, asking questions and getting help (and a few daggers for "why are you applying to SWA when everyone else is hiring").

For many years afterwards I returned the favor and offered help where I could to those seeking info about SWA. Paying it forward is something I've had happen in my aviation career and I'm very thankful for that...if lucky enough to get hired I hope to be able to do the same thing for others all again.

Sorry for the long ramble.

cheers