View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 06:34 PM
CanWeGetTheLeft
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by Cessnaflyer1213 View Post
I think I read in ALPA magazine that XJT has a 25% United new hire class CPP guarantee. There was another UAX carrier (I forgot which, maybe Republic) advertising a 10% class guarantee. I haven't heard a hard number from Skywest, but I'll bet it's substantial. That leaves AW, Commutair, GoJet, Mesa, and TransStates to fight over MAYBE 300 slots??? Not counting what United does in direct street hires ... 40 is already less than 5% of expected hiring and they don't look on track for that at the moment. Yes, a few AW folks will get picked to make good on the promise but I doubt it will be over 20 in 2019.
This is wrong on so many levels. It actually hurts to read it.

The only regional airlines that UAL has CPP agreements with at this time are Expressjet, Air Wisconsin, Commutair, and Mesa.

Skywest has no agreement, and no CPP slots. Same for Republic. Same for Trans States and GoJet.

We are sending people to UAL via the CPP. I personally know 3 that left in January...and I’d be willing to bet there was a 4th.

It’s not a huge number, it’s not a true flow, but it is a way for many of our pilots that deserve to move on to do so.