Old 02-06-2019, 06:50 AM
Cujo665
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...

Originally Posted by ACMItrash View Post
Has anyone looked at how many regionals have higher 1st year pay than most ACMI carriers? Why don't any of the ACMI carriers have meaningful trip duty rigs and min day credit? That adds about an extra 15-30k to annual salary!
Dude, seriously... we get it, you hate your ACMI. Some of us don’t. In my case, I made more as a first year FO than I ever did at a regional, even at 10 year CA pay thanks to the lost decade.
I’m off two weeks at a time every month. I spend zero time thinking about commuting, they buy my seats and I keep the air miles. I don’t need a crashpad since they buy my hotels every night away from home, and I keep most of those hotel awards too. Our top step CA pay is $13 an hour more than AA on the same equipment.

Not all ACMI’s are crap. In fact, for many it’s a much better lifestyle than commuting 3-5 times a month, often on days off for uncommutable trips; then having to carefully plan your vacation time to get a month off, while we can do it every other month if we wanted to.

Different folks have different needs. For many the Kalitta, Omni, ATI, Western Global type of places offer a realistic and decent career option. Eventually Atlas/Southern will get a good contract too.