Old 02-06-2019, 06:54 AM
zerozero
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
Dude, seriously... we get it, you hate your ACMI. Some of us don’t. In my case, I made more as a first year FO than I ever did at a regional, even at 10 year CA pay thanks to the lost decade.
I’m off two weeks at a time every month. I spend zero time thinking about commuting, they buy my seats and I keep the air miles. I don’t need a crashpad since they buy my hotels every night away from home, and I keep most of those hotel awards too. Our top step CA pay is $13 an hour more than AA on the same equipment.

Not all ACMI’s are crap. In fact, for many it’s a much better lifestyle than commuting 3-5 times a month, often on days off for uncommutable trips; then having to carefully plan your vacation time to get a month off, while we can do it every other month if we wanted to.

Different folks have different needs. For many the Kalitta, Omni, ATI, Western Global type of places offer a realistic and decent career option. Eventually Atlas/Southern will get a good contract too.
That all sounds really peachy, but to be quite honest, it's also totally off topic.

Check the thread. This is the one you come to when you WANT to b!#@% about the ACMI segment of the airline industry.