View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 03:01 PM
TheBaron
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: MD-11 FO

Originally Posted by mrzog2138 View Post
I don't know if you are calculating it correctly. Remember the Trip guarantee does capture the block hours above 10. It doesn't capture the hours between 8 and 10. Which is ridiculous. For example, MEM-KIX is 12+30. The trip guarantee captures the 2+30 above 10. After you fly the trip you will get an extra 2 hours of pay, not 4+30. And I thought this CBA was suppose to get rid of the ambiguity in the contract.
Yes sirree Bob, I understand that. The trip earns an extra :22 on the ANC-KIX leg, 2:00 on the KIX-MEM leg, 1:05 on the MEM-HNL leg, 2:00 on the HNL-SYD leg, and 1:38 on the HKG-ANC leg. That's an extra 7:05 on top of the 73:27 guarantee. The line also has a short 16:20 trip that earns an extra 1:44 for a PVG-ICN-ANC final leg for a total of 8:49 extra credit on an 89:47 trip. Pretty darn close to a 10% bonus (line 536 out of Anchorage.) Don't try to steal it from me. LOL
I'm actually holding trips where I will see a gain...I just don't think it's fair to everyone else in the group. Of course, I also don't think it is particularly fair that someone on the slave ship gets the same international over ride for flying Buffalo to Ottawa as I do flying into India or some of the other garden spots we hit. And while I'm at it, we need Pacific and Europe per diem rates like UPS has. $2.70 an hour doesn't cut it. And why is it Mecca has pop-corn and hot chocolate and we don't rate it?

Last edited by TheBaron; 12-09-2007 at 03:19 PM.