Old 02-08-2019, 09:02 PM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

My comments are based on several decades of flying conventional gear aircraft professionally, but perhaps I missed something along the way...like the tailwheel endorsement I never needed and don't have.

Whether it's the J3 I learned in or the various horizontally opposed, radial, and turboprop conventional gear aircraft that I've been flying for the better part of four decades now, I'm always happy to learn something new.

I guarantee I won't be learning it in this thread, though.

And yes, if you have to land tail low for a wheel landing and then roll it back up on to the mains, it's sloppy flying. This is true on grass, sand, rocks, dirt, where ever.

No, it's not advanced training or advanced flying.

My tailwheel experience and training is basic at best, is it? How many years have you been flying conventional gear airplanes in formation under powerlines, down into forest fires, flying aerobatics, doing back country flying, pest control, seeding, spraying, and working conventional gear airplanes around the globe? At what point, pray tell and how many more decades, does it no longer become basic? Is there possibly light at the end of the tunnel when school gets out and I can actually start, or will it be basic and unlearned for...another few decades?

Your first three posts, too.