View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 08:59 PM
BrownGirls YUM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Originally Posted by Busboy View Post
But you see, that's just the problem. If we all just focus on one part of our contract, in one month, in one base...It's not going to work for anyone.

There are many lines, in other domiciles, in other airplanes, that are made with trips that aren't based on TAFB. Everything from "out and backs", "duty rig trips", MPDP trips, to "hard time trips" are all not based on TAFB. So, if I bid a line that is made up of hard time trips...Am I getting ripped off on my vacation, because I can't knock off a 7hr hard time trip with 6 hrs of vacation? No, of course not. It's the same thing.
All good points, and admittedly, I've been looking more at my bidpack than system-wide. But I'm not saying you are getting "ripped off" when you can't knock out a 7-hr hard time trip with 6 hours of vacation. I've merely identified that there has been some loss in what you can knock out on TAFB trips with vacation and sick leave. It isn't big. It's very small.

The insipidness of it concerns me almost as much as the vehement denial that it amounts to a giveback, however small it may be.

.....And I do like the fact that most of my trips are worth more now.

To me, it's probably worth the giveback. Just don't tell me it doesn't exist.