View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 06:15 AM
WaveFinder
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by wacampbe View Post
Hello everyone I was recently selected to move forward with the JetBlue gateway select program. Does anyone know any pros & cons of this program? Also, does anyone know anything about the assessment you have to take 3 weeks within receiving the offer to move forward? Thanks for any replies. I know the program is 110K, which from my position with 0 hours isn't far from any other flight schools (like ATP) where I can go from 0 hours to flying commercial airliners.
I applied a few years ago and took the assessment but did not move forward. But as someone else has said, this program takes way too long and way too expensive. If you have the means to get 110K for this, why not go to a "mom and pop" operation or some other professional pilot program (ATP is not the only one out there) and with a little hustle you can get through your CFI in about 12 months and get your minimums in another 15 months??? That Jetblue program is about 4 years, with all the movement going on that is just not the best route.