View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 03:06 PM
baseball
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013

Originally Posted by Dave Fitzgerald View Post
I know you know, we need to educate all the new hires that haven't seen a contract negotiations. We are just really in the middle of the process. Many I talk to expected a contract by the end of Jan.

A very good lesson everyone needs to remember, the courts are not labor friendly. We are very limited in what we can do in regards to labor actions, and it will now be a long process with Kirby being the bump in the road.
I gotcha.

The history stuff is good, but I would prefer not to even mention the word "sick" or "sick out" or anything of that nature. The last thing we need is some quick on the trigger buck-a-roo lawyer getting an injunction on this forum, or worse getting a court order to unseal identities.

I tend to play my cards out in the open. I am ok with taking a strike vote once a month.

My suggestion is to have union meetings in all the terminals, monthly, and invite management to watch. Union meeting agenda will be informative in nature and meant to inform and mentor.

We can cover all this stuff with power point slides in about 30 minutes. Do a monthly dog and pony show until everyone sees it.