View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 07:17 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by CodyPilot View Post
Thanks. You think it’s the end of the world if it happens? As in something the majors really don’t want to see for your initial training?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it's your first 121 training course, and you took a little longer but passed everything I don't think that would be an issue for most majors.

I recall that my OO PRIA printout listed every training event I did for the last five or seven years. So I assume a reviewer would note that my recurrent events were always one year (+/- one month) apart. I suspect they would note an early event, and it sounds like it may be coded differently.

But it doesn't really matter what PRIA says, you need to answer the questions on the application verbatim... read them carefully, answer them literally. In the old days it was just "have you ever failed a checkride", but recently the questions have gotten a lot more detailed.

Be honest, if they think you're not being honest, you're done. And it's not a court of law, they don't need "beyond reasonable doubt", they just need the slightest hint or suspicion that something's not quite right. If it's a grey area on the question, I would still tend to be honest so there's no misunderstanding.

All that said, the app/interview is not confessional... don't tell them anything (negative) which they clearly did not ask for.