Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-26-2019, 06:30 PM   #41  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2016
Posts: 328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker445 View Post
THIS. I was told that it's totally ok to take some extra sim sessions. I took two extra sessions. One for Maneuvers and the other for LOFT. All it was was just cleaning up small mistakes. Nothing that would have the instructor say "yeah you're not ready at all". Haven't seen anything about special tracking and going over 2 hours of extra sim time. Thought it was 10 hours to be put on special tracking.
Anything over 2hrs additional sim puts you on special tracking. This is from the ground school chief so take that for what it's worth.
Someone may have went to bat for you or went under the table.
TimetoClimb is offline  
Old 04-26-2019, 06:57 PM   #42  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimetoClimb View Post
Anything over 2hrs additional sim puts you on special tracking. This is from the ground school chief so take that for what it's worth.
Someone may have went to bat for you or went under the table.
I wouldn’t say anything. We had an extra sim due to the sim breaking repeatedly the session before. Definitely wasn’t extra tracking, or even extra training. Just a makeup sim. I would assume it would be the same if you got sick or something too.
wrxpilot is offline  
Old 04-26-2019, 08:57 PM   #43  
In a land of unicorns
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: 175 FO
Posts: 2,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimetoClimb View Post
Anything over 2hrs additional sim puts you on special tracking. This is from the ground school chief so take that for what it's worth.
Someone may have went to bat for you or went under the table.
All this should be in your AQP LOA. It's all somewhere in black and white, since it's an FAA approved program.

Read it.
dera is offline  
Old 04-27-2019, 09:18 AM   #44  
Prime Minister/Moderator
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 23,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimetoClimb View Post
Anything over 2hrs additional sim puts you on special tracking. This is from the ground school chief so take that for what it's worth.
Someone may have went to bat for you or went under the table.
That's what I recall as well. Obviously the two hours should be due to your training deficiency, not broke sim, scheduling problems, or sim partner struggled and took up half of your PF time.

If your partner is eating into your PF time, keep a record of that dates, times, down to the minute. You'd want to get special tracking because of that. Even if you're progressing OK, still track it in case you need it later.
rickair7777 is online now  
Old 04-27-2019, 11:37 AM   #45  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2012
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
That's what I recall as well. Obviously the two hours should be due to your training deficiency, not broke sim, scheduling problems, or sim partner struggled and took up half of your PF time.

If your partner is eating into your PF time, keep a record of that dates, times, down to the minute. You'd want to get special tracking because of that. Even if you're progressing OK, still track it in case you need it later.
Hmm. How would you know you've been entered into Special Tracking? AQP comments? Phone call from training manager? Kind of freaking me out now. Those two sessions was simply just to kick off the kinks and get that confidence. I'm sure there's someone that looks over these records and talks with the instructors that gave/recommended extra training and goes from there if need be?
Hawker445 is offline  
Old 04-27-2019, 03:32 PM   #46  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: May 2016
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker445 View Post
Hmm. How would you know you've been entered into Special Tracking? AQP comments? Phone call from training manager? Kind of freaking me out now. Those two sessions was simply just to kick off the kinks and get that confidence. I'm sure there's someone that looks over these records and talks with the instructors that gave/recommended extra training and goes from there if need be?


If you are in special tracking, you would know. You would have had a meeting with the manager of flight training, and signed a document laying out what the company is agreeing to do for you, and what you need to do to fulfill your end of the deal.
NotMe is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ASRS - PRIA -- Application Response AirbornPegasus Aviation Law 8 04-21-2012 02:37 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:10 AM.