View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 04:45 PM
tanker95
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Holy smokes...lots of questions to answer. Sorry guys! As of right now we are trying to acquire as many D models as possible. We don’t have plans for bigger aircraft as far as I know. The 1900 does the job very well. We do have some outstation based routes. HLN, BTM, MSO are but they are very senior so wouldn’t count on them for a bit. COD and GCC are now BIL routes. The postal routes go out early morning hours and return in the evening. UPS is all day time and basically all flights are one leg out one leg back except MLS GDV SDY. Pilots will help with loading a little bit but mostly rampers take care of all that due to liability reasons. They don’t want pilots lifting boxes if they have rampers to do it. You will be handing boxes out to a driver but that’s fairly easy work. Everyone starts in the 99 unless you have lots of 1900 time. Even then you’ll need to be dual qualified. I’d say 80% of the routes are 1900 anyways so it’s unlikely you’ll fly the 99 much after getting typed. Upgrades are quick. Inside of 6 months and sometimes even inside of 3 months. If you have 1900 time there’s a chance you’ll go to type school right after indoc. Phew!! I think I answered it all. Let me know if there are anymore questions! Thanks