Old 12-11-2007, 08:52 AM
maveric311
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: AE ERJ FO
Question American Eagle Spin OFF will be like Express Jet?

I have been watching these forums for a long time now and finaly have the privilage of posting as a registered member.

So hear goes.

AMR announced in november that it will divesting Eagle and as a result I have seen a lot of talk on this forum about its future. some seem to feel it will be like express jet and expand its service on its own or some feel eagle is going under in four years and all its flying will go to other regionals willing to fly for cheaper. As a new hire for Eagle (Class Date Jan 21 ORD) and an interviewie for Express Jet, tomarrow (Dec 12), I would like to see what people on here realisticaly think will happen to Eagle and its pilot labor force. Is the airline, on its own, bound to expand and therfore higher new pilots thus shortening the upgrade time or will in the grand sceem of things nothing happen. On the flip side, what is going to happen with express jet. I hear nothing but good things from the pilot group and have many freinds there, but will the company be stable enough for the next few years for a new hire to not have to worry about a potential furlough? And will the losses its going through right now, becuase of the start up costs associated with its branded flying, lengthen the upgrade time to captain?

Thank you for responses.