Thread: Mesa or PSA?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 11:46 AM
kevin18
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by lookmom View Post
There are PSA folks leaving for Mesa...blows your mind! Why? They aren’t flying enough. Pick your evil, regionals are all the same. Get your time and get out. Unless there’s some reason you can’t get a job at a legacy without flow, then go wholly owned and wait your 5-8 yrs. If you want to sit at home on reserve and not fly nor built time, PSA is a great choice. If you want to fly your butt off, be on reserve for month & commute, go anywhere else. But if your choice is Mesa for IAD...consider Commutair...?
There are a couple reasons I'm thinking of this. Every year spent on reserve in the regionals is costing about $300k+. Where does that number come from? Every check you spend on regional time is time you're missing in the legacy world. The checks on the end are the ones that you don't get by delaying your start at a legacy. The checks in the beginning are always going to be there.

I'm a former Navy H-60 guy with about 1600TT and all of the wickets met for my ATP. I've got every military box checked as far as stan/instrument/instructor and all of that stuff. I've got a clean record with no skeletons buried in a closet somewhere.

I haven't taken a look at commutair, but will be doing so.

Can anyone tell me if Mesa's IAD base is junior? Someone seemed to mention a month of reserve time there, can anyone confirm?

Thanks