View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 07:06 PM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by F4E Mx View Post
Are 2 airframes lost out of 350 delivered real enough for you? That is a .6% loss rate right there.
It's not good enough for me, and it's not good enough to make such an unsubstantiated, speculative, uninformed statement as you have.

Two aircraft mishaps, as yet for reasons unknown; the investigation is incomplete.

Originally Posted by Boatfly View Post
Looks like Boeing is playing Tic Tac Toe. How many 737 crashes does it take before they have enough Xs on the world map to fix this flaw?

If these crashes are because of a faulty AOA sensor and an automatic flight control input of countering a perceived stall, it is an unsafe and poorly designed system. Just imagine you rotate on takeoff and suddenly the airplane pitches down because of a faulty AOA sensor. If Lockheed had this on C141s I would have splashed in the Indian Ocean when I had a faulty AOA on rotation.

This is very bad for Boeing.
Good thing there's no need to waste time, money and effort on an investigation, when you've already got it figured out. You should tell someone.

Or you could wait until the investigation is complete before guessing at the cause and calling or correction to an unknown problem.