View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 11:34 AM
BeatNavy
Covfefe

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by dontsurf View Post
24.K.1.a says there's a 2 year seat lock (ok, they use the term equipment freeze) unless: "He can hold an Upgrade Status on different equipment, provided it is his first Upgrade to Captain."

okay, i guess it really depends on what the meaning of "it" is, in the phrase "provided IT is his first Upgrade to Captain".

you are saying that what it means is that, for example, in my situation, i just received my first upgrade (to e190 captain, from 320 fo), so therefore since that is my first upgrade, i have no seat lock? i had actually been confused on what that was saying. that is good information for me, since it means i will not be seat locked. thank you.
If you went 190 FO to 320 FO, you have a 2 year equipment freeze from when you start 320 training. But if you can then hold 190CA 6 months later, you don’t have to wait those 2 years...if it’s your first upgrade.

Edited to add:
Since you’re upgrading to 190CA, you’re equipment locked for 2 years now. That said, the provisions for new equipment or new bases apply, which could in theory make that not apply. But you cannot upgrade to bus captain until 2 years from when you start upgrade training, even if you could hold it earlier, since that upgrade wouldn’t be your first upgrade (unless the new equipment/base exception applies)

Last edited by BeatNavy; 03-16-2019 at 11:52 AM.