View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 07:35 PM
dontsurf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: A220 CA

Originally Posted by dontsurf View Post
relevant to this discussion...how would these trips be paid? i used to be in an aa crashpad in ord, and the guys there would fly 3 trips a month. ord-bru-ord or whatever. paid 90 hours or something. worked 9 days a month. how does that work out? and is that what we will also have? (my guess: that is not what we will have).
Originally Posted by BeatNavy View Post
They will be paid with the CBA's current rigs and work rules. No idea how that would play out with pairings though. I'd guess 3 day pairings for there and back which would probably be in the 17-19 hour range depending on how far east we are talking, or maybe 5 day pairings with other cities mixed in, depending on what the optimizer says is cheapest for the company. I'd be shocked if it averaged 10 hours a day of credit like the example you provided above.

and just for some understanding, since i know some of you guys are way more versed in this stuff, and since i never asked those American pilots why their trips paid 30 hours for just one flight over and one flight back, what must the differences be between their CBA and ours in this regard? what is it that would turn their 3 day trip to brussels and back, for example, into a 30 hour payday, and for us it's only 15 hours?