View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 07:04 AM
ecam
Banned

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by LopezD View Post
Sounds like a solid business strategy.
Correct me if I’m wrong here but it seems Typically you would have to move to the base you are assigned and wait their in hopes that you eventually can hold your desired base.

There is no possible way to commute with the way your schedules are built? For example I want IWA, I may have to live in Florida for a year or two before I can hold a base where I want to live?
Welcome to the forum. All of your questions have been answered hundreds of times before. A search function is available.

But our schedules are not commutable. It is all day trips with ether early AM departures or late PM arrivals. Morning or afternoon shift usually. A new hire here would be given whatever the company has available. Usually they will tell you in the interview but maybe not. Back when we were a growing company and we had vacancy bids every month people could get to their desired base pretty quickly except the senior bases like IWA and BLI. Now we have not hired in a year and a half and are not growing. We are doing two vacancy bids a year and a lot of junior folks are stuck in bases they don't want. Unless you're single and pretty mobile I don't think you could just pick up and move from base to base to base here since you'll need an apartment. That's why I say unless you already live in a base we have this isn't a good choice. Assuming we start hiring soon which right now we are not. Most of the attrition in the last year has been at the bottom of the list too.