View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 08:53 PM
akulahunter
Voice of Reason

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: Uncomfortable

Originally Posted by LoFly View Post
Yep I'm one of them, the same week I got the interview invitation for Allegiant I also got emails from Spirit and Atlas. I chose Allegiant because I wanted to be at home with my kids and my wife every night. While I'm writing this I'm sitting 2000+ miles from them, in a non commutable base with a non commutable schedule because of involuntary TDY. A guy below me just quit two weeks ago.
I know this should be temporary but I also know we have 9 frames on order (airfleets.net). People say 17 this year plus 12 next year... Sure, until I see it written black on white I stopped believing ANYTHING here people say. With the planned staffing projection this means zero movement for a while.
Had I known all of this (ah... also the go-karts thing, pew pew) I'm not sure I would have made the same decision. I mean it, I honestly don't know. Maybe, maybe not.
OK, I get Ecam's post. He's grumpy and negative about everything, but how were you lied to? Did they promise you in the interview that you would be in a specific base? Do you live in one of our bases and they promised that one? I have a hard time believing that.

In my interview they asked "why Allegiant?" One of the reasons I gave them was the opportunity to be based in one of my dream locations. The VERY NEXT question was what if you get based in OAK (all the way across the country) and we close XYZ?

Being home every night is as easy as moving your family. I did. Of course, we are used to moving and don't have any artificial ties to a certain area.

Anyone who takes an airline job expecting a one or two year upgrade or a guarantee of a certain base (unless in writing) is being naive. It could happen, but it ain't common...

I'm not trying to be a richard here, but there is a difference in being lied to and having unrealistic expectations.