View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 09:30 AM
Firefighter
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2019

Hello, I have had a friend of mine comment on one of my posts, it was just an article about the crash and he left this

“MCAS was not installed as a safety feature. Not buying that sales pitch crap. It was installed to offset a design flaw, specifically that the bigger powerful engines had to be moved forward and higher on the wing which then would tend to push the nose up. It changes the center of gravity of the airplane. Airplane software is great when it's operating like cruise control -- not when it's being asked to correct a design problem. And the design problem was a marketing decision. FAA's approval of a software solution to an aerodynamic problem. Software should be intended to improve planes, and not to patch bad designs, nor make it fly. To rush out a new narrowbody and maintain parity with Airbus 320 NEO, Boeing purposely created a plane that was aerodynamically unstable because the company did not want the aircraft to require certification as a new plane, a - with good reason - lengthy process .”

Now I wanted to do research but it’s kind of hard pin pointing this exact info for someone who’s not a pilot so for the best knowledge, I wanna ask pilots about this. Again please excuse any ignorance in my question or please help yourself with correcting anything.