View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 10:43 AM
jegermeister
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Can we keep this in perspective? I just got a text from someone who had applied with us when we were hiring. He's at UPS now and has obviously been reading the trash talk on this board. He asked me why is moral so bad?

My answer was simple. Some of us are happy and some are not. I'm happy. I live in base and bid between reserve and regular lines. This month I'll credit 105 hours. January and February I bid reserve and flew three days total for those two months. I'm home every night and enjoy working with the people that I fly with. Some of us are trying to commute and had high expectations that the airline would continue to have an 18 month upgrade. I personally got caught in the out of base assignment with the MD80 as a new hire. I understand how hard it is to commute with our schedules. But I came here knowing that it was a possibility. I also knew that hiring cycles change, as well as upgrades and growth. I personally budgeted 5 years for and upgrade. (even 10 made sense for what I wanted).

If you came here to avoid the regionals, upgrade quickly, thought that this would be the next Delta, or took the first job you were offered (by a major), was expecting a specific base, then you're probably unhappy.

In short, Allegiant is what it has always been. A travel company that operates an airline. Management will never fix many of the perceived inadequacies, because they don't want to cut profit margins in oder to fit into with the rest of the industry. It's the nature of this beast.

Many of us here are quietly happy. I'll continue to show up for work and fight for a better contract, while at the same time understanding the nature of this company. There are other places to make more money, have better contracts, faster upgrades, bigger airplanes. Anyone who wants to work at one of those places has my encouragement. Please do what is right for you.

Last edited by jegermeister; 03-28-2019 at 10:55 AM. Reason: spelling