Old 03-28-2019, 06:30 PM
fly4booz
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2017
Position: Airbus FO

I also heard about a new position bid coming out from a friend who’s still there. She told me a lot of new hires are actively looking to leave including herself. She has a job offer and is just waiting on a class date. That was me a year ago.
Alaska has a good pilot group and I miss flying with them but that place wasn’t my cup of tea. I’ve only read about Lorenzo but I have witnessed first hand Alaska’s management style and sadly, BM and BT aren’t too far from Lorenzo. They just smile as they flip you off and turn their backs. In regards to Alaska’s work rules, every regional in existence today have much better work rules and schedules. That says a lot.
Alaska is a good place to get a type rating and leave. I always regarded Alaska as a great place to work but that must’ve been well before my time. My friends there tell me that lines and trips are even worse now with complete inability to trade trips. Commuters as well as pilots who live in base seem to be beyond frustrated with their schedules.
No airline is perfect but I’m so glad I left. I’ve definitely found a place to park for life. All my friends who left Alaska for the big three, SWA, FedEx, and UPS say the same thing. It brings me no pleasure saying this but consider yourselves warned. Don’t miss out on seniority elsewhere like I did. Sadly, it is that bad at Alaska with no improvement in sight.