View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 02:59 PM
FLYMIA
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013
Position: CRJ Left

Originally Posted by Birdsmash View Post
Plus, you will probably get to fly with street captains if you don’t meet the PIC requirements . The last upgrade went to a pilot with 5 1/2 months on property. ��.

A street hire captain will make approximately $1600 x 3 months training pay and then $116.98 x 50 hour first year guarantee That’s a little over $57k in the first year (not including the little bit of perdiem you might be able to pocket).
Is this honestly what the pay is?! Embellishing or being serious? If it is that's astounding. How do you guys operate at that pay? I'm on a CRJ and make just a tad over $100K and work about half the month. I'm not trying sound facetious at all honestly. If thats really the pay I'm dumbfounded how those aircraft move at all. I'm pretty shocked really. I take it no one, NO ONE, is showing up to class for this. If I were offered a job and they told me that was the pay I think I'd have a good laugh and then say, no really whats the pay? Edited because I also want to add, you gentlemen/Ladies deserve much better. Best of luck.