View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Daniel Larusso
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006

Originally Posted by Jetjok View Post
My response was in response to LeadSolo's post. I thought: what's good for the goose is good for the gander, but I guess you guys don't see it that way. I guess it's only right that you should continue to ***** and moan about something that you have zero control over. Apparently it's a done deal. If you don't like it, work to have this new law repealed, otherwise let it go. If it really bothers you to the point of distraction, why not leave the industry, and go to work doing something else.

My question to you guys is: in a couple of years from now, are you still going to be hashing over the same stuff with someone who just turned 60 and has elected to stay in his seat? At what point do we start to try and concentrate on other issues?
JJ,

I know you don't mean it that way, but it is far easier to say what you said from your position. In all probability, yes, people will still be talking about this in a few years. The economy has slowed/recessed, planes are going out the door faster than they are being replaced, and growth from a pilot pov looked to be pretty much stagnant for the next few years outside of the FDA's that everyone voted for but don't want to go to. That was all before the rule change which just adds to the pile. So with the odds being that movement will likely be worse, but certainly not better for the next xx years why in the world would people 'forget' this and start concentrating on other issues? Especially when you consider that the effects of this will definitely be still be felt when our cba comes up for Sec. 6.