View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 10:04 AM
vessbot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by darkman62 View Post
I cannot tell you how many times I have sat I in a middle seat on a DH in LGA sweating like a pig because some DL CA refused to turn on the APU until 10 prior to push.... I just sat in thought what a cheap selfish Bas^^^. Letting all the pax die back here so you can get a few extra coins in your pocket.
So start the APU at a time that ensures pax comfort, just as the memo says. What exactly are you arguing against?

I also refuse to single eng taxi especially in busy airports why because if I clip a wing because someone was starting an engine is the company going to stand behind me and say “ oh I understand you are trying to save fuel for DL profit sharing!”
Why would you clip a wing if someone's starting an engine?

Why should I do anything extra if it does not benefit anyone at 9E other then MGT or DL. I have been around long enough to know that we are a contractor and no matter what we do it just takes a OO price cut for all of us to be the next CA.... no matter what are numbers are because the most important number is cost per seat mile.
It's almost as if the suggested changes reduce other airlines' price advantage against us and thereby reduce this risk. If this is what concerns you, why are you suggesting to operate in a more expensive way?