Old 12-14-2007, 02:36 PM
paladin
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Over 60 and Still Living the Dream

Originally Posted by Futureman View Post
You benefited from age 60, and now you will benefit from 65. You don't care that it screws every pilot who is not a captain at a major, and every future pilot. Don't pretend to support this for any reason other than your own selfish interests.
Yes I have benefited from the age 60 rule, but so has so has everyone else at my airline. We are all here, not withstanding the growth, because someone retired. Most of my contemporary's as well as those more senior who have gone before me went begrudgingly, but never the less they retired. They left as men and hold no ill will toward anyone.

I don't view it as screwing you or anyone else anymore than you view it as trying to screw me out of my job. I already have the job and as long as I am capable of performing my duties I will carry out those duties until it is my time to leave or I decide it is time to leave.

Aren't we all in it for our selfish interests? Look, you want my job and that is fine because it is a good job. When it is time you can have it.