Old 04-09-2019, 12:29 PM
WhipWhitaker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
Over the last few years, there have been a few stand-outs.

Southern Air...perpetually miserable, and by FAR the most miserable to be around in the field. They could be heard complaining before entering the dining room at hotels, and one didn't need to ask, to know who they were. It was the elephant graveyard, and to be within hearing distance was to listen to the mournful wail, "We've come here to die. Join us."

Netjets...the poor-me drama dominated everything, for a loooong time, and I hated using a Signature FBO, or to be around net jets in any form. The world revolved around them, and their problems, and they made sure everybody knew it. It was nearly to the point that if one saw a yellow tie, it would be accompanied by "Help, help, I'm being oppressed."

And of course ABX, which must dominate every conversation. The thread purports to discuss ACMI, but here, that's code for ABX. Where is 90% of the conversation in the cargo forum? ABX. The other 10% is reserved for Atlas, with straggler's squeezing a word in edgewise about anything else. But really it's all about ABX (to include the ABX/ATI infighting). "Stay away. We are toxic. Look upon us. Remember us as we once were. Grieve for us."
It’s normally best to just be quiet about places you don’t work and know nothing about, rather than yelling into the void just to hear yourself talk.