Old 04-09-2019, 04:25 PM
Cujo665
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...

Originally Posted by mketch11 View Post
HA!

On another note, why can’t the pilot group vote on all the LOA’s? It is 2019
What? And the MEC chairman give up that power?

Here’s the argument you’ll hear.... if they offer something that we know they way way undervalued... if we had to delay for even the 10 days for an MEC vote, let alone a full pilot vote, they’d realize their mistake and pull the deal. There is some validity to that argument. Personally I think it should only be used when the gains are so huge, that delaying would be a bad idea. Otherwise I’d say post 10 days for an MEC vote, and if it changes existing CBA, a pilot vote. Currently the pilots can ratify a CBA, then the MEC can change every single detail one LOA at a time without a pilot vote. That shouldn’t be.

But, a quick grab LOA is exactly how I got the NY base closure deal... whole deal was done in 20 minutes. Just kept saying no, even when our lawyers said that was the best there was. Adam and I went in the room directly, told them what we wanted, they said no, we got up to leave. We got our deal, our way, on the way out. Lawyers were shocked we got it. We agreed, shook hands then left the lawyers to hash out the details on paper for our review. The first 18 minutes was the lawyers acting as go between three times with three different deals, Adam and me saying no.... finally the lawyers said you two go tell them. We did.

ALPA plays fairly, starting at the 50 yard line expecting the company to meet them at half field and work from there. The company doesn’t, they start in the parking lot, and ALPA still starts at the 50 instead of starting out in our parking lot....

company cursed me for months over that NY deal saying it cost them too much, and all the positive space travel created problems wth AA negotiations with APA. Chairman signed it right away. It did however make the base closure as painless as possible for my pilots.

As a side note, we told them then that closing it was a mistake and they’d be back within the year. The base reopened one year and one month later.....

Last edited by Cujo665; 04-09-2019 at 04:57 PM.