View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 07:43 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by LocDog249 View Post
Thanks for the info on the consulting firm. I'll probably go that route to see what they say. I did Email my therapist and looked into my medical records and there is a clinical diagnosis of depression 33.1 with no other issues.
If I were to stop the appointments (they were winding down anyways as he feels im doing better) and get something from him stating my improvements, I presume that couldn't hurt my cause correct? Then I could see what the advice of the consultant was.
Don't stop treatment just to get a medical. You don't want to end up like some pilots with borderline (or worse) clinical depression who can't get help and live with it because they'd lose their job and their house.

And for the one time loss of consciousness, since that is something that is not documented, did it ever really happen???
If it happened, it happened. Whether you tell the FAA about or not is a different question. If they find out somehow, they will likely prosecute for prison time. If you have a recurrence later, you could end up unemployed after spending a bunch of time and money on training.

Like I said, talk to a consultant.

Any idea what the cost of the psych evaluation would be to show that depression is no longer an issue?
No, but it's going to be a lot less than the money you could make at a major airline someday.