Thread: PP%
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 01:42 AM
oldmako
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: The GF of FUPM

Originally Posted by Zenofzin View Post
Lol you want a pension again go for it I’ll take my money in a Schwab account that I can invest track the value AND ACTUALLY RECIEVE when I retire. What pan am pilots were making in 1962 adjusted for inflation has no relevance to what a competitive wage is now, business models change, nor does what Smisek or anybody else did or was paid 10 years ago, again brother let it go and live now not in some bitter past, life is good try to enjoy it. We are doing fine, the next contract will be better.
Once again, you miss my point. Please show the class where in my post I proposed a pension? I said that our current contract trails behind what others have in spite of the fact that it does not include a pension. And that pension was a huge piece of the negotiating pie. Those were pilot dollars, pilot retirements. Gone.

Pilots voted in a concessionary contract in order to "save the company" and "save the pension". Mr. Tilton and his buddies promised that it was off limits and safe. They then stole it as they had intended all along. We then voted for a contract which continued to keep some of those concessions in place.

(Google "Frontline: Can you afford to retire?" and watch the episode-specific to us) https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/front.../synopsis.html

Now, if you were a young buck and had a few decades to make up for that, yes, a 401K is an excellent vehicle for playing catch up and saving for retirement. At least until Uncle Sam deems otherwise. But what if you were nearing retirement at the time and had worked here for 20 plus years? Well, you got the shaft.

Your inane yarn about me being miserable and enjoying life is just more tripe and is getting old. My life is a hoot.

Last edited by oldmako; 04-11-2019 at 02:03 AM.