View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 07:34 AM
DWC CAP10 USAF
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016
Position: Looking left

Originally Posted by deus ex machina View Post
If JB wants to get into the NYC/UK market, who is their market?

Their Mint service on RJs that have to make fuel stops? Biz travelers want stop overs?

Or is JB trying to attract low fare leisure travelers? Will they even tolerate stop overs?

WOW is done, NAI struggles... low fare across the Atlantic has repeatedly failed since freddie laker..

But Jetblue is gonna be new?
Originally Posted by deus ex machina View Post
Still not answering questions...

When has a NB fleet type in routine airline operations been successful?

When has a low cost carrier been successful flying the Atlantic.

LHR is expensive wrt to taxes to operate out of.. not sure its a leisure destination... sure people want cheap airfare but they don't want to land in some satellite airport and pay just as much in ground transportation they did in airfare just to get to downtown London... a prime example is NAI.

What am I missing here...
Your origianl post you never asked when has a NB fleet type in routine airline operations been successful....you mentioned WOW and NAI in a starement, not a quesiton. Your only quesitons were about who is jetblue targeting and do they want fuel stops.

Who asked who is their market...I didn't answer....I don't know who their martket is.

Then you mentioned mint service on an RJ....that was wrong so I corrected you.

You mentioned fuel stops....I simply pointed out Bombardier had shown the -100 can go London City to JFK non stop....and jetblue is only getting the -300 which has more range.

Yes it would only be with about 1/3 of the max seating capes, much like BA does with its all business A-318 (which does stop for fuel).

I know NO idea how the economics work out on this route. But the fuel savings from the GTF engines coupled could be the difference between making a profit (albeit small) vs losing money.

Time will tell.