View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 07:54 AM
majorpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018
Position: Line holder

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
This is a tough decision to have to make, but the abuse will continue until someone stands up to them....If you are wrong, it could cost you your job, but do you really want to work in that environment anyway?

In the end, you must look yourself in the mirror and ask “is it just me?”. If the answer is no, then as long as you wait and endure this treatment, you are enabling it. What you accept, you condone.

Best of luck, and I hope that this helps. There are too many great flying jobs out there today to put up with this abuse....

THIS!!

Why tolerate it? It’s easy to be nice to people. Life is better when you’re kind. Our society depends on an unwritten social contract—someone holds an elevator, you thank them. They mispronounce a name, you gently state it correctly. We all benefit from being civil, and we all pay it forward.

Perhaps it’s because for me, I’m cognizant there’s less time ahead than behind, but the older I get, the less tolerant I am of this nonsense. That’s true under any circumstance, even when it’s not directed at me.

Often I’ve found simply asserting “that’s no way to speak to a colleague, please stop” stuns the offender into stopping. Some bullies don’t need a verbal slap, just a reality check. Others need the verbal slap - “that behavior is wrong. STOP!”

If someone fires me for refusing to be bullied, F ‘em. They’ll have to replace me and any job not being yelled at is better than that one. No amount of cash is worth that stress and emotion.

Good luck, and stay kind.