View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 09:06 AM
Cyio
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by Naviator View Post
Back in the day when an airline fired a pilot for no good reason ALPA stood up for that pilot and the pilot group stood behind ALPA demanding reinstatement. The power of the union was used to protect pilots. Today ALPA sends a disappointed email to the pilot group, then silence. Where’s Dave Behncke when we need him?
I am very sure the Captain will indeed get his job back, the FO most likely not. This is a process that will take some time, but it will happen.

The optics of the situation forced the hand of the company and they know that it won't stand up through arbitration, however to appease the public they did what they did.

It sucks, it was wrong, but I have faith it will get rectified at some point, hopefully with a little bonus to go on top of it. In terms of ALPA, what would you have them do to rectify the situation other than go through the legal arbitration process? We can't strike, we cant refuse to fly, we cant break the status quo etc. The courts have time and time again sided with management when it comes to these options due to the RLA. It sucks, however I know that the union is doing everything they legally can to move this issue forward, it will just take some time.