View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 06:43 PM
SpringLanding
Standby Reserve at LGA

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by Erj135dude View Post
When will the 175 training be AQP too?. I've no idea what the timeline is to get certified, or authorized to do so.
What's the big deal with people being so focused on the E-175? It's a regional jet. If you've never flown one, the 145 is actually a damn nice airplane.

I get the guys who have been on property for a long time and decided to make expressjet a career, they are excited for a new airplane. variety is the spice of life, and it's like getting a new car.

But new hire CFIs expressing so much interest, or even choosing airlines based on what *regional jet* they are going to fly is a little ridiculous.

Here's my advice to people here: Bid whichever *regional jet* is junior and will allow you to fly the schedule you want, or hold the base you want, or hold the seat you want. If you have the seniority to get all of that with the senior airplane, THEN bid the 175.

If you're not staying here for your whole career, then guess what - a 737 or 320 is a lot nicer than the 175. And if the 145 will get you there faster, or spend more time with your family until you do, then don't be so sad if that's what you end up with.