Old 04-16-2019, 02:36 PM
nitefr8dog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by maxjet View Post
I am one of the few. At K4, it totally meets my needs and is my dream job. Until 2 years ago, I had never grossed more than 100k. I retire in 11 months unfortunately, but until then plan to continue to enjoy myself, with lots of siteseeing on the road and 2 weeks off every month to enjoy my rather full life at home. I will enjoy being retired too with the money Connie has paid me since the new contract.

Did I forget to mention the lack of problems with the Stews? The extremely well maintained and clean aircraft? The really nice hotels overseas? The cool destinations many of which I have never been too and have to bring my A game to meet the challenges. My A game is only part of why we will successfully get that aircraft there, it is the co-pilots I fly with. Backing each other up with, No complaining, no whining, just, lets get it done.

That is why it is my dream job. Is it yours? Maybe not.

Another complaint I read a lot about:

“The reason they introduce themselves in the cockpit is some pax guys got their panties in a wad about uniformed pilots in the back without meeting them despite the fact that they have full fare tickets.”

Who gives a crap how pilots travel? I will never understand why pilots complain about this. Does it make us look bad as a profession? No, actually the opposite. I travel in uniform when it is advantageous to me, I.e., no KCM, or leaving the flight I just came in on for a commercial home that gets me home a day early. Probably not getting those 3 bags on with a last minute ticket boarding at zone 9.
Its unfortunate that at k4 it was a long time coming....its been that way for 25+ years at ABX. It was hard not to make 200k as a DC9 Captain in 1998 at ABX. Home in the house every weekend and 20 days a month while splitting every start and end trip. Been a great ride.